Sunday, June 07, 2009

June Hols Week 1

The 1st week of the June hols is over. This is our week in review!

On Friday, my school had a little party to mark the end of the term. After i got home, Daddy decided to take us all out for a movie treat!


We watched 'Monsters vs Aliens', what an awesome way to kickstart the hols!

.......

Then in an attempt to get rid of more accumulated family junk, Daddy and Mummy were busy over the weekend at the Car Boot Sale.

But no matter; Gong Gong, Por Por and YiPor were over at our house to keep us company!

And we were allowed to go to Big Splash both evenings to run around!

Mummy gave me 5 bucks again to learn how to shop and bargain. And i managed to get these little gems for my shoes for only $4!

Not bad huh, im learning from the master herself - Mummy! haha....

.......

Monday was spent at home cos Mummy was too tired to bring us out and Daddy was too sunburnt. That's for being stubborn and not using sunblock!

.......

On Tuesday, Mummy brought me for an art class organised by teachers of the art enrichment program in my school. During the 3 hour session, Mummy and Yiyi had a great time shopping at Orchard Road!

Not that i cared, i had great fun during the art class!

This was what i produced - a retro acrylic painting on canvas

Here are some of my other art pieces that were done during the term. This art program focusses alot on the various artists who were famous for particular styles.

This is my self portrait! It is inspired by Giuseppe Acrimboldo who used fruits to form a composition of portraits.

And this is my take on understanding lines, colors and basic geometry as inspired by Piet Mondrian

Mummy is seriously impressed cos i can regale her with stories about the life histories and works of these famous artists after every art session in school. Your money is well spent, Mummy!

.......

We decided to be adventurous on Wednesday and trooped way across the island over to Jurong Safra, where there was this newly opened kids' playground.

(Mummy: Over and hour of driving! Arrrgh!)

It boasted of the tallest slide in Asia and was touted to be the largest indoor playground in the whole of Singapore!

Boy was i excited! I couldnt wait for lunch to be over and done with, so that i could be set free into the playground!

At the entrance, Yiyi could hardly hold on to me

This is the humongous slide, Mummy couldnt take the full pic, it was soooo tall!

I was abit of a wuss and didnt dare to go on it, so Mummy took Baby Bone on it. As usual, my fearless baby brother was totally unfazed. Mummy said he even went "WHEEEE" all the way down!

And it was really a fast slide! I could see from the shadows of the people going down it! *shudders*

Baby totally cool after his hair raising ride

Mummy: One thing bad about this playground, the only way up and down is through this climbing stairwell, which was EXTREMELY tiny.

Imagine 20kids trying to make their way through this at the SAME TIME! Terrible bottleneck!

And it doesnt help that the exit to the slides is the hole the size of a DHL box. Totally not adult friendly.

After helping the kids negotiate their way through it, I ended up with many bumps on the head, a slightly twisted knee, and sis had a huge bruise on her thigh.

Mummy managed to coax me into taking a ride on the next tallest slide. Here we are, triumphant after the thrilling spin!

A view from the inside of the structure

Finally after 4 hours of play, Mummy dragged us outside to head home.

I realised that i was famished!

And baby realised that he was pooped!
We both slept really well that night. Haha!

.......

Thursday morning was spent at the theatre with my good friend, Kirsten! We watched 'The Gingerbread Man' together and totally enjoyed it!

Taking goofy pics with Mummy while waiting for Kirsten to arrive

That's me and my gal pal!

Mummy and Yiyi needed another shopping fix in the afternoon, so off we went to Tampines 1.

Having cakes and drinks

Baby Bone always has this stony expression

Clinging on to YiYi's leg cos he spotted Kirsten and family

He's like this nowadays, clinging onto us whenever he is in the company of people he doesnt know

Mummy and Yiyi had a good time perusing the shops while us kids oso checked out the stuff they had on display.

Hey look, its a chick in my favourite color - yellow!

Do i look like a princess, Mummy?

.......

We didnt do much again on Friday but Daddy and Mummy brought me out for late night shopping at Giant after baby fell asleep.

Insectosaurus and BOB, im Ginormica! hehe

.......

On Saturday, while baby took his nap, Mummy and Daddy took me out to my favourite sushi joint for lunch.

Poor baby, he doesnt seem to get out much...hahahha...but not me! I get to go places!

Tucking into my bento

In the evening, we went to United Square to celebrate Ye Ye and Ma Ma's birthdays.

I love hanging out with my cousins! We always have alot of fun together, with me being the ringleader as usual, and leading them into all sorts of mischief!

Here we are, the goofy cousins!

Are we being a nuisance? I think not! Haha

This $2 ride was worth it, cos all of us shared it!

Baby Bone finally has a different expression!

See, this is how i lead my cousins 'astray"

So there u are, our exciting 1st week. Stay tuned for more of our capers!

No comments: