Saturday, April 25, 2009

My 1st dental visit

April 20th 2009
Mummy freaked out after hearing about kids my age having extensive cavities that she decided to make an appointment with a dentist to have my teeth checked out. Our family is very particular about oral hygiene, so i was pretty confident the dentist would not find anything wrong with my set of pearly whites. Dont worry Mummy!

Prior to the big day, Mummy kept describing how interesting a visit to the dentist would be, getting me all hyped up and eager to experience it for myself. On the actual day, i kept asking Mummy over and over again if we were going to the dentist after school. I even told all my friends proudly that i would be visiting the dentist, i was that excited!


Here I am, all prepped in the dentist's chair

It was so fun! I was not the least bit scared

The doctor was partly responsible for my enjoyable 1st visit. She was so gentle and kept talking to me, taking my attention away from the jarring whirrs and buzzing of the dental equipment.

Checking my molars

Her verdict? I had a perfect set of teeth! No cavities and hardly any plaque at all! She heaped loads of praise on Mummy and me, saying we should keep up the good work! See Mummy, I told u, u didnt have to worry one bit!

The good doc with me, and a latex glove fish balloon!

I had such a good experience! At the reception counter, i kept bugging Mummy to bring me back the next day, prompting amused giggles from the nurses.

So can i be the poster girl for Colgate? Hehe...

No comments: