Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Road trip to KL

soDay 1: 1st July (Sat)
We gathered at the Jurong Bird Park carpark early in the morning at 730am to load up for our much anticipated trip. At about 8am we were finally on our way!
Our cars were code named Gong Ji, Mu Ji and Xiao Ji, with reference to their sizes. Kara and I got to ride in the huge MPV and it was really comfy! We played together, snacked non stop, chatted over the "fence"and watched dvd after dvd, it was a blast!

We stopped for chicken rice balls at Malacca, which Mummy didnt really savor; partly because the place was hot and stuffy and partly because i was throwing a tantrum and didnt allow her to enjoy her food fully. Hey gimme a break! It was sweltering man! And i had my mop of hair to compound my misery...
We finally reached KL at about 4pm. Kara and I immediately made ourselves comfy in the suite!

Terelle: Look Kara, no legs!

Kara: Muahahaha...

Terelle: Come lets take my daddy's pda apart!

Kara: Errr...I didnt do it, Uncle!

Terelle: (Trying to hide) U cant see me!!!

After a short rest, we headed out to KLCC for dinner. The adults stuffed their faces at Madam Kwan's and tried to stuff OUR faces with yucky baby food, so we launched a major protest by running off out of their reach.

Terelle: Yixuan, are u thinking wat im thinking?

Yixuan: Of cos...lets escape!

Yixuan: Let's radio Avril to make sure she knows the plan...

Kara: Yeah yeah...

Kara: Onward!

Yixuan: Away!

Terelle: Go!!!

Ahhhh shucks we got caught!!

We proceeded to a night market after dinner but nobody got anything as it was hot, hot, HOT! not to mention crowded too...and it was no mean feat for the adults to manoever us through the throngs of people in the market. By the end of the stretch of shops, all of us were sticky and irritable, particularly Kara and I, who were dripping with sweat. Aunty Evon agrees that we are meant for cooler climates...

We were lucky to return to our hotel in one piece after a harrowing taxi ride that found us careening madly through the streets of KL, ala Shumacher in his race car. Kara and I screamed murder when our Mummys tried to give us a bath, couldnt u guys see all we wanted to do was sleep? We tried to tell them that our sweat had already dried up but they had none of that. We were plonked unceremoniously into the bath and cleaned up nice and good before we were allowed to sleep. By then it was already 12midnite, and i zonked out soon enough, dreaming of more fun with my friends tomorrow...

Day 2: 2nd July (Sun)

We all got up bright and early to prepare to go out for breakfast. The adults found some nice noodles at a little coffee shop. Alas, we didnt have any photos taken again cos they were busy entertaining us babes who refused to eat again. And then they left us alone in the hot sun while they tried to find a dessert shop! Hmph...and they dare to complain when we fuss??!

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, the shop had moved so we all retreated to the air con comfort of the malls. Each family proceeded to explore the shops at their own pace and the adults arranged to meet up again for lunch at a designated time.

Lunch was a flurry of activity as usual, with the adults fussing over us before they could settle down to eat. Kara and I were sick of our baby jar foods and went on a hunger strike. We were just content to eat biscuits the whole day!

I said i dont want to eat that goo!!

More shopping after lunch before meeting up again to return to the suites. Uncle Caleb bought some strawberries for all of us to try and Kara was the gracious hostess, offering one to each of us. As usual, i ate mine all up in a jiffy...

...and another...

...and another!

Mummy says im a yeow kui...i wonder what that is? Whatever...i just love to eat!! Aunty Evon had to have her biscuit can on hand all the time to placate me whenever i threw my hissy fits! I must say those biscuits worked for me, they were absolutely yummy! I couldnt get enough of them! When are u going to get me my own box, Mummy?

Back at the suite, Kara and I went back to bingeing on our biscuits. Hey baby biscuits are not considered junk food okie? They have no salt, no fat and are almost tasteless..hmmm...someone remind me, why do we like them so much?

After a short rest, it was time to hit the shops again at KLCC. We wandered around while waiting for Kara to join us after her beauty sleep. Dinner for the adults was settled in a little cafe that served penang food.

kara and avril having a head shaking competition, which i would have loved to join in, if not for the bottle of milk mummy stuffed in my mouth...

kara and I were glued to the dvd player again while we waited for our daddys to come back from their supper buying spree. Actually it was my daddy's idea to go out and grab supper, now u see where i get my gluttony genes from?

After a nice bath, we all proceeded to Yixuan and Avril's suite for Dai Look Mee supper. Mummy refused to gimme any to try no matter how i begged, she said it was too salty for me...i think she just wanted to eat it all herself! The adults had a nice time fellowshipping over supper while Avril and I played together. I really miss all my little friends now!

Day 3: 3rd July (mon)

While waiting for the adults to get ready, Kara and I, with our tousled hair and pajamas, went straight for the dvd player again. We can actually stand for a good 45min just watching our favourite dvds! And who says we are hard to handle?

After packing up and checking out, we all proceeded to a well known bak koot teh place for brunch.

The Ji gang: Xiao Ji family, Mu Ji family, Shao Ji family and Gong Ji family

Finally it was time to head home, we really had a good time on this trip! Thanks to all the aunties and uncles who entertained us babes! So when is our next trip together? 3 days is definitely too short!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BB it looks like so much fun ... ask mummy yee-por can join you next time :) Love you