Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Battle scars

I learnt a painful lesson on monday. While at Ma-ma's hse, Mummy was feeding me lunch and she turned to get some water for me from the table. In that split second i grabbed the thermos flask filled with hot macaroni and poured it all over my leg. Mama and Mummy were both shocked out of their wits, cos the flask was placed quite far out of my reach and they never expected me to be able to reach it. Moreover Mama had not closed the flask tightly as she wanted to cool the macaroni for me.
My legs were on fire - the heat from the macaroni pierced through my skin like salt laced daggers. I have never been in such agony in my life...
Mummy quickly ran to the bathroom and turned the tap on full blast to douse my leg but alas, my skin had already started to blister and peel off. Frantic she quickly drove me to the nearest clinic where the doctor dressed my burn. All this while, i was racked with pain and i screamed and yelled and thrashed around. I think amidst all the melee, i could hear Mummy's heart break into a million pieces...
After we got home, i cried myself to sleep and miraculously after i awoke, the pain was much less! I was back to my normal self again! Now i wonder why Mummy keeps crying non stop?

Look Mummy, i can read my book...

...and crawl around, albeit with only one leg...

I can even stand! Though the bandage is cramping my style a little...

I can "cook" up a storm with my toys...

So why are u still crying Mummy?

5 comments:

Mummy Ghin said...

Terelle Jie Jie, you are a brave girl. Recover soon ok, so your Daddy and Mummy won't be so heartbroken. *hug hug*

xdd_rulz said...

to terelle's mommy:hey hey,dun feel too bad abt it ok.she'll be well soon.=)

Anonymous said...

dear sweetie, seeing ur bandaged leg pains me. Get well soon so mommy will not cry anymore okie :) (Ling, don't blame urself, accidents bound to happen.)

Love u all
Yee-Por

superbaby said...

i will give u a huge hug and kiss the next time we meet

de mighty shiva said...

terelle ... aunty mandy tell u how many times ... dun compete w sarah jie jie ... hehhehee ... rest well my child ... next time i teach u yoga ok ...