Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Throat Infection

Im miserable...please stop asking me to pose for pictures...

My throat hurts. My eyes are watery. The room feels so chilly and my whole body aches. Im sick. I scream and cry and whimper but all i get from Mummy and Daddy are helpless and pained expressions. I hold on to Todo's tail tightly, he's my only source of comfort.
I was bundled off to the doctor's early this morning where he proclaimed that i had a throat infection. What did i do to deserve this pain? All i did was stuff everything around the house into my mouth...oh is that it? Is that what causes u so much misery?
I am brought home where Mummy plays some soothing music, hoping that the lullabies will ease me into sleep. However there is no respite. Phlegm gathers in my throat and threatens to choke me. My fever rages on...
And then there's sponging time. I scream as they put an icy cold towel on my balmy forehead. It feels like daggers have pierced deep into my brain. Crying is too much of an effort as my throat hurts so i let out little, plaintive whimpers instead. Mummy and Daddy give me more miserable looks.
I do not get my usual cereals today. Im too weak to protest and gratefully take the bottles of milk and water that they give me. Every few hours they will use a syringe to squirt some liquid into my mouth. It tastes sweet, i wonder if it will make me feel better?
Im exhausted from doing battle with the phlegm, it keeps trying to suffocate me in its slippery wet embrace. I sleep the day away. This is a battle i have to fight myself. I will win it!! i want to go to Sydney this weekend!!

No comments: