Saturday, November 19, 2005

Is my name "NO"?

Ive been hearing alot of this word lately. When im chewing on my seatbelt in my carseat, Daddy will reach over and pull it away, but not before yelling the word at me. Or i'd be happily banging the remote control against the telephone when Mummy will take them away from my grubby fingers, brandishing that word with much authority. Just today I was trying to type on Mummy's laptop when she went to take a shower. I accidentally deleted all that she was working on the whole morning. oops...when she came back she yelled so many "Terelle No"s at me that truthfully, i was a little frightened.

Sometimes the word is gently used on me while at other times it is harshly barked at me. I realise the former usually occurs when im chewing on my own toys while the latter occurs when im destroying stuff around the house or touching things that belong to the grownups.

This word has been shouted at me so often the past few months that im starting to feel weird when it isnt. Sometimes i catch myself stopping midway through a toy licking session just to look at Mummy quizzically, to see if she has any response.

But what exactly does this word mean? It frustrates me sometimes that i have to constantly interpret the plethora of words that the grownups use. Ive concluded that since it's used so often and it is a pretty simple word, it has to be part of my name.

So my full name is Terelle No...sometimes they just call me Terelle and sometimes they just call me No. When i make them really mad they will call me Terelle No!

Makes sense?

No comments: