Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy busy March Holidays...

We had an activity packed March hols thanks to Mummy, cos she is not one who can stay at home all day and do nothing. Woohoo!

On Friday after school was out, Mummy let me try my hand at baking and decorating cupcakes.

Wah! Fresh out of the oven!

They were choc chip with raisin cupcakes, which i frosted all by myself

Little Baker hard at work

I insisted on green colored frosting with colored stars on them

(You can tell that green is our family's favourite color)

Err the colored star sweets were just too tempting!

Even Yiyi came and joined in the fun!

Sharing the fruits of my labor with Yiyi

Saturday nite was spent at the Arts House for Pajama Nite, where my good friend, Nikita and I , both dressed in our comfy pjs, watched 4 snippet plays and were served milk and cookies after that. We really enjoyed ourselves that nite!

Then on Monday, i had a girls' day out to the theatre with Nikita again. We watched 2 plays together at the Arts House, and then went for a yummy Japanese lunch with our mummies.

Watching so many plays has turned us into little drama queens

Look! We could even play with the props after the play

Mummy signed me up for a Skate Camp which was held over 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Getting decked out with all the protective gear

Eeek mummy, they're stinky from sweat and grime!

In high spirits cos we were expecting to be able to skate rightaway, just like the instructors

Little did i expect that it would be so difficult to just stand up and keep my balance

Time to refuel!

I kinda had a major meltdown soon after the break cos i was so frustrated at not being able to handle the skates. They were so heavy and the wheels had so little friction that i kept slipping and sliding all over the place. I was so cheesed off with the skates and myself that i just sat on the floor and howled and refused to get up and try again.

Mummy decided to get a cheapo pair of kids' skates from Toys r Us that nite just so that she could buy me some confidence to try again at the Skate Camp the next day.

Putting on my snazzy new skates

It was a superb decision Mummy! Not only could i stand up effortlessly, but i could also move short distances and pick up little cones from the floor!

Im finally skating with my friends!

I was so confident that i could even shoo Daddy (who purposely took leave to cheer me on) and Mummy off, saying that i could take care of myself! So they took the chance to go have breakfast at the nearby Big Splash.

On Thursday while Mummy was off giving tuition, Gong Gong and Por Por took me to watch a movie. When i came back, i saw my new neighbors Kor Kor Wayne and Ian downstairs playing.

So we all decided to lug out our skating gear and do some skating together! They took real good care of me!

And on Friday, Mummy did another round of baking while Yiyi and I were busy doing some crafts.

Here i am, finishing the dredges of the icing

Guess what we were making?

A shoe shop! Muahahah!

Yiyi and Mummy are corrupting me, Daddy!

We headed to the Botanic gardens in the afternoon for a little picnic and to feed the fishies.

Us kids had so much fun running around that we were exhausted that night and KO-ed at 730pm!

Finally on Saturday Daddy and Mummy brought us to East Coast to ride bicycles. It was a glorious day and we were all glad for some sun!

Daddy ferried me while Mummy ferried Baby Bone

Taking a breather

And sharing some sugar cane juice

All smile for the camera!

And then it was a spot of lunch at MacDonalds. All of us enjoyed ourselves so much that morning that we decided to set aside saturday morning for sports!

So there you are, my itenerary for the March holidays. I had a blast!

No comments: