Sunday, December 07, 2008

My 1st Birthday!

Preparations are underway for my big birthday party!

That's us packing the goodie bags

Jie Jie you're supposed to back the bags, not play with the goodies!

Look at me, Im doing serious work! Im doing QC on the balloons!

Ok they're elastic all right!

On the day of the party, the function room was filled with a hundred helium filled balloons. Daddy had tried to wheedle Mummy to do the same for Jie Jie's party 3 years ago but helium is a pretty expensive gas and Mummy was not willing to spend the extra money.

Lucky for me, recently she managed to find a cheap lobang for a helium tank and we could have the helium balloons!

All my guests were enjoying themselves while i was happily snoozing away upstairs...

...doing coloring...

...playing on the mini playground...

...trying on party "hats" twisted by Mummy...

...and getting their faces painted

Nobody seemed to miss me! Hmph!

Then i made my grouchy entrance cos Mummy had no choice but to wake me up as it was getting late and no one had even seen the birthday boy yet!

Not even a pretty babe could cheer me up!

I was moody...

...and spaced out...

What? More pics? Tell them to go away Gong Gong!

And then it was time to cut my cake. I love dogs so Mummy specially had a cake made in the shape of a dog, and she also ordered 2 dozen cupcakes with doggy faces on them.

I perked up a little then, cos i was so fascinated by them!

Whoa so many doggys, Mummy!

Everyone clamouring to be near the doggys

Yawn! Can i go back to sleep after this?

Hey i thought this was MY birthday?

Why are all of you blowing out my solitary candle?

Arrrgh ive no heart to look!

Awww man! Now you've got saliva all over my cake!!

Avril: (act blur) Terelle: (oblivious) Xiang Kor Kor: (Sheepish)

Jie Jie helpfully serving cake to the guests

Its a ploy! She actually wanted to sneak off with more cake! MUMMY!!

After much feasting and merry making, all my guests went home. Mummy and Daddy could finally relax now!

Look how ecstatic they are? No more big bashes...till next year? hehe

And then we all adjourned upstairs where i finally "woke up" from my drowsy, moody stupor.

Yay! Time to open my presents!

Ugh! *grunt* Can i play with this now?

Jie Jie being helpful again, helping me tear off the wrapping

(just so she can have 1st pick of the toys!)

Terelle: Errrr Mummy? I think i accidentally tore one of his toys

Thane: Oh thank god thank god my thomas is safe from her!

And on my actual birthday, we went to Swensens for an ice cream treat! Since all birthdays have to be celebrated with ice cream from now on right?

Jie Jie already heartily tucking into my ice cream

I think she is enjoying this more than I am!

I had a great birthday! Thank you everyone who came to my party and gave me lots of presents and ang pows! I love all of you!

No comments: